The Anzisha Prize rewards young Africans who have developed and implemented innovative solutions to social challenges or started successful businesses.
It will involve a 10-day workshop, and conference, at the African Leadership Academy campus, in Johannesburg. Anzisha Prize will cater for all expenses towards the trip.
This 7th edition of the Anzisha Prize will continue the tradition of giving prizes in the form of monetary reward, worth sh.10 million ($10,000); and after-program support valued at sh.800,000 ($80,000).
The prize money will be shared among the best of the 15 finalists of the fellowship program. They will also expect support in the form of consulting and mentoring services, global speaking opportunities and access to renowned leaders; among others.
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before April 16, 1994 or after April 16, 2001 will not be considered.
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/ beneficiaries.
- Your business must be up and running. The Anzisha Prize is not for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it! You have time to get started now and have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started a business together). One person can apply for the Prize, on behalf of the team.
Deadline for application to the 2018 Anzisha Prize is 31st March. Visit the official website to learn more and apply.0