Africa Business Conference 2019 will include another edition of the New Venture Competition that recognizes and rewards the efforts of entrepreneurs in Africa.
The Africa Business Conference is an annual gathering for Africans and the Diaspora to discuss business opportunities in Africa. In its 21st edition, the meet is organized by Havard Business School and Africa Business Club. The event also involves the New Venture Competition.
2019 will be the competition’s 6th edition. The initiative recognizes entrepreneurs making a difference in Africa. 20 shortlisted ventures will be invited to showcase their works at the conference held at Havard Business School, Boston. More, 10 finalists will be selected to pitch in front of the over 700 attendees.
The venture that will emerge winner will receive sh.1 million ($10k). The runners-up will get sh.500,000 ($5k). In 2018, the 10 finalists were involved in diverse sectors like skin care and education. You should apply.
- The business can be for-profit or non-profit
- The business should be in early stage phase – less than 5 years old
- Majority or all of its operations should be in Africa
- The business should have less than 50 employees
- The business should have raised less than sh.25 million ($250k) in funding to date
Judges of Africa Business Conference New Venture Competition will select ventures based on potential. This will be identified by:
- Value proposition and business model
- Team expertise
- Market opportunity
- Risks and mitigation
- Realistic assumptions underlying financial projections
- Defined milestones and execution plans
Application deadline is 30th November, 2018. Don’t miss out. You’ll have to complete a downloadable form and send to Africa Business Conference. Find it on the official webpage.0