The Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya is Africa’s leading women in tech incubator. It is aligning with calls for more diversity in technology and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership expertise.
The programme is an initiative of Standard Chartered in partnership with Strathmore University @iBizAfrica incubator. It combines world class startup support with local and international experience to provide Africa’s most competitive and attractive startup incubation program focused on immersive learning, mentorship, building and growing Africa’s next iconic startups taking on the continent’s most relevant challenges and opportunities.
The Standard Chartered Women in Technology incubator is looking to recruit the best entrepreneurial minds from women-led startup teams leveraging on technology as a key driver of innovation in business.
The programme will focus on the following thematic areas:
Who can apply? Principal founders of women-led teams from the general public, schools, colleges and universities in Kenya.
- Must be Kenyan centric i.e. be aligned with the needs of Kenyans and aimed at mitigating these challenges
- Must be innovation driven, leveraging on technology and new business models across thematic areas i.e. Agribusiness, Education, IT/mobile solutions, Digital Banking, E-Commerce, E-Health and Fintech
- Must be women focused – entrants must be led by a woman with majority stake in the company
- Business model must have clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the sustainable development goals.
- 3 months to less than 2 years of operations
- Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product and business model development
- Pre-revenue with early traction (users). Post revenue is an added advantage.
- Not received investment of more than KES. 500,000 and not participated in a similar program in the last 2 years.
Benefits to gain from the Standard Chartered Women in Technology incubator include:
- Three months incubation at Strathmore University’s leading tech incubator
- Mentorship from world class mentors
- Coaching by top business, technolgy and legal professionals
- Immersive, worldclass entrepreneurship cirriculum
- Networking and exposure to expand your business networks
- Membership to the Kenya Womein In Technology fellowship program and alumni network upon successful completion
10 teams will compete to secure seed funding and 9 months ongoing support from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to assist with go-to market and scale.
The top 5 teams will walk away with up to Sh.1 million in seed grant funding to launch and grow their businesses
For More Information and on how to apply please visit the programme’s Official Webpage.3