Tech guide website, TechCrunch, in partnership with Facebook is inviting all the best tech innovators and entrepreneurs from Kenyan and the rest of Sub-Saharan Africa to participate in the TechCrunch Battlefield Africa startup contest.
The event will be organized in Nairobi on the 11th of October, 2017. TechCrunch Battlefield Africa will be held in front of a live audience and will also be streamed live on TechCrunch and Facebook for the rest of the world to witness the showcase.
There are three focus areas for this challenge:
- social good – startup with a product most likely to catalyze social and economic development
- productivity and utility – startup with product or service most likely to go into full commercial production
- gaming and entertainment – startup with product or service most likely to see wide consumer adoption
Five applicants in each category will be selected and judges will decide on the single winners of each category. The winners will receive $25,000 (not equity). They will also enjoy an all-expense paid trip (for two!!!) to San Fransisco to particpate in TechCrunch’s global battlefield event, Disrupt SF 2018.
- must be an early stage startup
- be a resident of a Sub-Saharan Africa country
- have a fully working product or one close to production
- should have received limited press or publicity
- no intellectual property (IP) conflict
You only have until July 14th, 2017, to apply for TechCrunch Battlefield Africa. If you are interested and do qualify start applying here.1