Ashden Awards 2019 will be rewarding entrepreneurs with a prize fund and global recognition for their work in building a low-carbon future.
Ashden Awards supports entrepreneurs with cash reward of up to sh.2.6 million (£20,000). The winning entrepreneurs also benefit from recognition and tailored support to develop their ideas further. Ashden will select 10 winners working to build a sustainable energy future in 5 categories.
Ashden Awards 2019 categories are:
- Sustainable Cities and Buildings (retrofitting, design and construction to decarbonize urban buildings and districts)
- Sustainable Mobility (improving access to sustainable transport and mobility services to those with inadequate access)
- Powering Business (using sustainable energy in provision of goods and services)
- Clean Cooking (uptake of cleaner, more efficient cooking solutions which reduce indoor pollution)
- Sustainable Energy and Healthcare (sustainable energy in provision of healthcare services, including solutions for mobile, emergency and humanitarian contexts)
Applicants are advised to specify the category their project covers, in application. Ashden will consider the projects for other categories if they happen to be a better fit.
Ashden Awards 2019 is open to businesses, NGOs, social entrepreneurs and government organizations. The projects should be market proven and have been delivered for at least one year – in either urban or rural areas. Only projects being delivered in UN developing regions will be considered. The regions are: Africa, Caribbean, Central America, South America, Asia (excluding Japan) and Oceania (excluding Australia and New Zealand).
Apart from the awards, Ashden contributes to an energy efficient future through other activities. A few include, mentorship programs and influencing policy.
Deadline for application is 6th November, 2018. Check out the Ashden Awards 2019 official website to learn more and apply.0