GSMA is presenting a funding opportunity for entrepreneurs using mobile technology to realize a development impact. Through the Mobile for Development Utilities Innovation Fund, GSMA has awarded £6 million in grant fund to 34 organizations across four continents. This program is supported by UK Aid.
In 2017, GSMA Mobile for Development Utilities Innovation Fund will give £3.3 million in grants to 15 – 17 organizations that will demonstrate having a scalable and commercially viable mobile-enabled utilities services. Each of the selected organizations stand to receive between £150,000 and £300,000.
The fund is open to:
- Mobile operators
- Technology solutions providers
- Energy, water or sanitation services providers; including:
- Decentralized services providers
- Urban and peri-urban utilities
- NGOs trialling business model approaches
- You must be working in Sub-Saharan Africa (or South and Southeast Asia)
Deadline for application is 16th April, 2017. Visit the GSMA website to find out more and apply. For any clarifications, email email@example.com