Miss.Africa initiative is a seed fund giving grants to support African women and girls in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields. Apply to be considered.
DCA Academy, in partnership with eMobilis, is leading Miss.Africa initiative2016. The program will be supporting women and girls in Africa in STEM to increase their digital opportunities in IT related training, jobs and leadership roles.
Programs that are supporting women and girls in STEM will receive a grant amounting to $7,000. The 2016 Miss.Africa seed grant of $5,000 will be given to the winning initiative to launch or expand their capacity. $1,000 will be given to two other applicants that create further socio-economic value for women by leveraging tech opportunities.
- Current resident of an African country
- Application must be submitted in English
- Apply as either an individual, representative of NGO or a social enterprise
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience conducting activities supporting women and girls in computer science or STEM field
- Commitment to developing and contributing to a virtual community for supporting women and girls initiatives
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Proposed projects must have a tangible impact for women and girls in computer science or STEM
Preference will be given to projects targeting under-served populations and locations, take a collaborative approach, have a high potential for growth and present an innovative use of technology. Some examples of eligible projects are
- Computer science workshops and training for women and girls
- Early incubation of female tech entrepreneurs
- Programming and app development training programs
- Hackathons and coding boot camps for girls
Application deadline for Miss.Africa is 15th November, 2016. Get the application form and learn more on the official website.0