Young entrepreneurs are invited to pitch for cash prize and more in the Start and Scale-Up for SDGs challenge during the Global Entrepreneurship Week 2018 in Geneva, Switzerland.
This Start and Scale-Up for SDGs pitch competition has been enabled by UNCTAD, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the Politecnico di Milano and the International Organization for Migration and Capacity.
Applicants will be required to pitch business ideas that contribute to improving social and environmental sustainability, as outlined in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Investors and experts will provide feedback on what impact investors value most. The best 10 candidates will be selected to share their ideas at the Global Entrepreneurship Week 2018.
The 10 will get to participate in events at the Global Entrepreneurship Week 2018, in November. Some include; attendance to a customized workshop on intellectual property by WIPO, and a resilience plus leadership skills session by FlowInAction.
On top of these, money will get given to the best ideas in 2 categories. Scale-Up rewards equity funding of sh.1.5 million ($15,000). Start will award a grant of sh.500,000 ($5,000).
- You should be between 15 and 34 years old to apply for Start and Scale-Up for SDGs pitch competition
- Your business idea should focus on at least one SDG goal
- You will be required to discuss funding received at the time of application
- Startup category is for business ideas at the initial stage of development (between 1 and 12 months old)
- Scale-Up category is for business that have been in operation for more than 12 months
Proposals focused on climate change, environment management and natural resource use are encouraged. As are migrant or refugee entrepreneurs.
Deadline for application is 1st September 2018. Fill the application form for Start and Scale-Up for SDGs pitch competition then send to email@example.com.
For more information, check out the Start and Scale-Up for SDGs pitch competition website.0