Kenyan women are invited to apply for the TechWomen 2019 Emerging Leaders fellowship to gain from hands-on mentorship and professional development.
TechWomen 2019 Emerging Leaders program will be a 5-week engagement, in the United States, for women who have demonstrate themselves as leaders. It will involve project-based mentorship, professional development workshops and networking events working with companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley.
A visit to Washington DC for targeted meetings and special events will conclude the fellowship. TechWomen will cover all costs towards the program.
TechWomen represents America’s long-time commitment to enable women and girls reach their potential in the tech industry. It is an initiative of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. One of the conditions to be accepted into the program is willingness to return home and mentor other women and girls to scale heights too.
Other eligibility conditions for TechWomen 2019 Emerging Leaders program are:
- Be a woman with at least 2 years of full-time professional experience in STEM (internship and unpaid work will not count)
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of a TechWomen Program Country: Kenya is one of the 12 African countries
- Be able to get U.S. J-1 exchange visitor Visa
- You should not have applied for an immigrant visa to the U.S. in the past five years – nor should you be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
Preference will be given to women who have limited or nil prior experience of the United States.
Deadline for application is 16th January, 2019. Check the Official Webpage to learn more and apply.0