TechWomen mentorship program is an initiative of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
It’s a program that aims to recognize the achievements and potential of women in the fields of STEM by empowering, connecting and supporting them. The program is open to women from 20 countries in Africa, South Asia and the Middle East.
TechWomen program will partner with innovative companies in the San Francisco Bay Area to strengthen the capacity of women selected for the program and expand their career interests in STEM. All activity-related costs of the program will be covered by TechWomen.
The program will give preference to women who demonstrate that they are emerging leaders in their field of work. Selection will also favor women who have a proven record in voluntary/public service, entrepreneurship and innovation
- Minimum 2-year full-time professional experience in STEM (internships and other unpaid work will not count)
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Show proficiency in written and spoken English
- Be a resident or citizen of one of the countries eligible for the TechWomen program – Kenya is one of them
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S, J-1 exchange visitor visa (should not have applied for an immigrant visa to the U.S. in the last 5 years)
Deadline for application is 17th January, 2018. The semifinalist will be contacted in March 2018. Visit the Official Website to learn about previous TechWomen programs and to apply.0