The WWSF Prize for women’s creativity in rural life looks to generate recognition and support for initiatives improving quality of life in rural areas.
WWSF – Women’s World Summit Foundation – is a non-profit humanitarian organization. It’s aim is to support implementation of women and children’s rights, plus the UN development agenda.
Since 1994, it has awarded women demonstrating courage, creativity and commitment in improving rural lives. The prize is sh.100,000 ($1,000) for successfully accomplished projects. The WWSF Prize also draws attention to these works to generate further support.
Criteria for selecting laureates (winners) will be on demonstration of perseverance in improving lives, creativity in approach, preservation of the environment, continued impact of initiative (s), support of SDGs and, if possible, participation in the WWSF 17 Days Campaign for empowerment of rural women.
Selection will be done by an International Jury composed of WWSF Board of Directors. Announcement is done officially on 15th October – International Day of Rural Women.
- Nominees should be women or women’s groups active in rural life whose efforts are yet to be acknowledged (you may not nominate yourself)
- Nominating individual or organization must have direct experience of nominee’s work (you may not nominate family members or senior officials of your organization)
- Nominations must include signed letter of nomination indicating how nominator knows nominee, and for how long
- Nominations must include complete biographical data on the nominee and a detailed history of the nominee’s creative project (motivation, obstacles overcome, etc. must be as specific as possible)
- Nominations must specify whether nominee has received or is in consideration to receive other awards
- Nominations must have at least two original and signed endorsement letters from individual or organization other than the nominator (if possible, additional supporting material such as newspaper publications)
- Nominations must also include a few labelled photographs showing candidate for possible publication
Nominations for the WWSF Prize must be made by 30th April, 2018, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Official Webpage to apply.0